Saturday, January 12, 2013

As if....

....exercise and a beautiful day wasn't enough to get us out on our bikes, we've discovered geocaching...about 12 years late. It started around 2000....but there are still treasures out there to be found.
I heard about it a long time ago...thought it sounded weird then Karen and Len have fun doing it and I was wanting to get out with them but Randy and I stumbled on a cache last summer and since then I've been interested so we've been looking into it. I downloaded an app on my phone and today on our bike ride, we tried it out. We found 3 caches....the object is to take something, leave something and then log on to show that you were there. It's pretty exciting....the "find" is reward enough but we had a bag of little goodies to leave a little in each one.  One of the finds was just a little encouragement.....
....the note in the upper left hand side says "..work on improving your exercise routine"....and that's exactly what we are doing, geocaching. It's been a fun day out on the trails.

No comments: