Friday, January 25, 2013

The older I get...

...the more pictures I take. I know, I should have said something like "the wiser I get"...or "the more I know"...but this I do know, I don't want to miss a thing but I have to because I've moved and I'm not here or in Bountiful or in Henderson to enjoy every little thing my grand kids do but thank goodness for blogs, Skype, Facetime, texting, e-mails and heaven forbid, THE TELEPHONE....nobody calls to talk any more but at least we can stay in touch. Well, I've been here (actually, I have two homes now so I'll call it "home", here in color country)....and I've tried to take in as much as I can with the family which has included some pretty fun stuff. For as long as I can remember, we've been going up to "The Pools of Living Youth"....named, I think by Uncle Gawain but actually, I think it's called the "White Sands"......
Here we are with the Wells Clan...and on one of our "off track" activities with the kids. It's just a fun place to go and hike and play in the "white sand"......so, with a little free time last Monday, we took whatever kids wanted to go and headed up to play, just like old times. The pools were frozen, of course but the sand was still white and soft and cool and the kids had a great time.
It's been lots of fun enjoying the sunshine with the kids......
It's been fun to introduce Seth and Jack to Geocaching. I had them for the afternoon on Saturday while the rest of the family went to a soccer tournament in Vegas and we had three finds....Laynee and Drewby joined in the next day....but not quite as successful, fun, nonetheless.
While we are all down here enjoying the sun, Traci has been a trooper to "enjoy" the snow. This is her house and I think the snow plow just piles all the left-over snow in front because she knows her boys will do something with it like make snow caves and awesome sledding hills. 
Scotty loves it, Jake hates it and Max and Harry just stay inside and warm. It's really been a cold one the last couple of weeks.
I was supposed to go up and "enjoy" the snow for a couple of days with Traci but my Aunt Melba died last week-end and I stayed to attend her funeral and see some cousins that I haven't seen in many, many years.
We spent a lot of time with these cousins when we were kids and would go visit them in Cedar. They moved from here with my grandpa when he bought Sullivan's Cafe. Bill (upper left), Bob (upper right with blue coat) and Linda (bottom left with me). She and I were privileged to go with Grandpa to the horse races in Prescott, Arizona when we were just little girls. Good memories......This is my dad's family......


My Uncle Wes (back right) is the only one living....Back row, left to right....Dee, Dad, Wes...Bottom left to right, Glenna, Grandma, Grandpa and Melba...(their daughter, Twila, died in a childhood accident. I think she was the oldest).  It has been a week full of family. Lauri and her family joined me last week-end and we had a little photo shoot with the girls....Lucy and Molly were most cooperative.
It's nice to get in on some of the kids sports events. Drew's soccer was Friday night in Vegas and Seth's basketball game on Saturday....McKay has some gymnastic meets but they've been out of town.
 Love it when I can see my kiddies in action. I got to see George perform his Deacon duties on Sunday.....so heartwarming to this grandma. Laynee, Drew and George are all accompanists now in their various groups. So well pleased with all of these little ones and the things they are accomplishing. They all have such busy lives but I've loved being here for a few days. Now back to my other home....that will be good too. Just gotta come and check in once in a while.

1 comment:

Staheli said...

I LOVED this post, even though the pictures of you all in the sunshine is making me insanely jealous. I really did miss seeing you though so you'll have to make it up soon. I'm glad you got to attend so many fun things, and see all your cousins. I love the picture of grandpa's family. Goodness Grandpa is a handsome guy! I love you Mom. Let's facetime this week!