Sunday, January 6, 2013

We're back...

....in Folsom and it's been a blast. Thinking back over the past two weeks, we've been saturated with family and we have loved it. First off though, I was on the road yesterday but my thoughts were with Mandy.....
It was her birthday. For those of you out there in blog land that don't know, Mandy ran a marathon...then had a defibrillator (sp?) put in to keep her heart beating if it decides to stop. We are just glad to have her here as the "heart" of her home and hope she keeps running for lots of years. Speaking of running, Randy and I did a lot of running (actually driving) between our mom's houses but I'm thinking it's one of the things I've enjoyed the most this holiday season is helping my mom and visiting Josephine.....they are both 85 and keep as busy as they can in their aged bodies.....
My mom works at the temple answering phones once a week, still loves making food and taking it to her neighbors and loves visits from her family (I think, at least she makes us feel like she does) and still makes a cake every week for my kids and their kids and anyone else that drops in. She writes birthday cards and letters to hundreds of people a year and loves to hold and watch her great grandchildren whenever she can.
Randy's mom, Josephine loves working on her stitchery and takes walks around her neighborhood every day. This is a piece I bought for her....it's turned into a major project but it is so beautiful and it amazes me that she can stick with it....but she works so fast and loves to finish projects. These two amazing women are an inspiration to me....they thrive on their "routine" and are happy even with their aches and pains. They are an example of "enduring". We were able to take them out to eat a couple of times and we are blessed to have them both in our lives and to learn from them. I have enjoyed my family as well as Randy's as we've had a little time with both through these past two weeks.....
We've had a lot of good times together. Section 105...the Wells families congregate here every Dixie basketball game. Glad I got to enjoy one with them before we left. We got to stop off in Henderson and see Lauri and James....and BTW....check out Lauri's cooking blog. She's at it again. Click HERE for some really good stuff. Happy New Year one and all. May 2013 be the best ever....try to get to Disneyland at least once, more if possible.


No comments: