Tuesday, January 1, 2013

My dad woulda been proud....

...as Spencer won the First Annual Polar Bear Plunge last night at Mason's (and I think Spencer wore his swim suit)....in very cold water, I wanna say about 40 degrees.
...and speaking of my dad, it's his birthday today. He would have been 85 and I sure do miss him, and other than the suits looking a bit similar, I think there's a striking resemblance here. Blogger's giving me fits today so I'm going to post this while I can and add more later. I want to say more about my dad.....
He was a good man....wonderful husband, awesome father, amazing grandpa to my kids....he made us laugh and he always smiled. He loved life and loved to play with us. He really would have loved all the crazy things we do these days. We loved our snow trips, jaunts to the farm and his daily visits as he went to or came from working on the farm. I'm so glad my kids have good memories of this good man.....and it's always fun to celebrate on this New Year's Day and remember him......and speaking of celebrations, we had one last night......
....a little ping pong, some good food and the "plunge".....Have a Happy New Year and smile today as you think of my dad.

No comments: