Saturday, June 6, 2009

The 2nd Annual Scott Wells Family Reunion.....

.....a great success due to a couple of fabulous party planners (aka Lauri and Traci) and as Spencer and his family rolled into town about 4:00, we were ready with Lauri's yummy Mexican cuisine and other excellent contributions...then on to Traci's most creative Treasure Hunt. She ought to market these, she does a fab job and had the kids choo chooing over to the Wintch's house for one of the clues, breaking balloons for yet another one and performing their piano pieces for another. Fun, fun, fun....then we ended with a Pinata....it was a very "Mexican" theme. We ended up in Mason and Mandy's pool even though the weather was cool, we felt the "warmth" as a family...truly a mother's "reward"......It's been so much fun and just goes to show one doesn't have to spend a lot of money or time to have some great togetherness....a few hours spent here at home was all we needed. Traci had to go home and Spencer and Shana and family leave for Salt Lake tomorrow. I am so thankful for my family and even more thankful that they seem to want to get together. Each one of these 12 little personalities warm my heart and make me smile.

I'm posting the attempt to get a picture with all of them.....we gotta keep tryin'....We'll have number 13 next year (#4 girl) and try it again and hope for more success.

5 comments:

Diana said...

Hey, girl...I love your traditions and your reunion looks so fun. Seems all your family made it. You have such darling grandbabies! I am tending Camille's kids all next week while they go to Hawaii. I'm off from June 20th until July 1st. Are ya comin' up? Or have any ideas? We are getting major rain up here and it's COLD today!

Spencer said...

A very sincere thank you to Lauri and Traci for throwing this little gathering together. The food was great and the company even better. I loved getting to see all my little relatives who don't know me from Adam. And thank you mom, for making it all possible. Really good times.

Penny said...

We were glad that we could crash your reunion at Masons. I love your family and it's been so much fun watching it grow.

Karen M. said...

So much fun, I too love your traditions and the fun you make for your family. Good thing Mason has a pool now, what fun that must be.

Staheli said...

We had a blast, let me know when you can come up here to visit. Thanks for a great time mom. I don't mind the drive, I'm just happy that I can do it so well at night. I love the pics.