Saturday, June 27, 2009

Everyone's together again......

.....and Spencer was glad to greet them at the airport after being home for a couple of weeks without them. I helped Shana with the kids and they traveled well. Laynee traveled on her 10th birthday and came home to a room full of balloons and a sign from her friends. Spencer welcomed the little ones with open arms and a big smile on his face. I spent a couple of days knowing it would be my "last" summer visit there so we crammed a lot in even though the muggy weather slowed me down a bit. I got to visit a couple of favorite yarn shops and Seth wanted a trip to Shelbyville. The pool was cool and the evenings were filled with fireflies, glowsticks and just chillin' on the porch. I'm back home again today and it feels good knowing the family is back together again.

4 comments:

Spencer said...

Thank you for all your help.

Diana said...

Glad you're back home and glad your fam's back together. Love that pool...what's the brand? I also LOVE fireflies. When I was a kid and lived in Iowa, my favorite thing was to drive out to my grandpa Harrison's farm in the evening and see the fireflies. I loved seeing them when I went to college in the midwest and even on my trips there now as an adult - they totally facinate me.

Camie said...

Oh how I love the fireflies of the midwest...so mandy things to miss about this place. Glad everyone made it home safe and sound.

joycew said...

I'm sure glad you are back. I miss you when you're gone. Looks like a good time was had by all!