Wednesday, June 17, 2009

After all these years....

.....I still love this china hutch. Kyle built it for me about 18 years ago and I had to move it to get my new floors put in so it forced me to take out all the stuff and clean it out. I put in the china that I got from Grandma Rose. So....I wonder why I blog about this but if you were to walk into my home today, I would take you directly to this china hutch and open it up for you and hope you would enjoy looking at it as much as I do....I know for sure that you really wouldn't, but I would hope that you would humor me and act like you think it's as beautiful as I do. Grandma Rose had three sets of dishes with which she enjoyed setting a beautiful table. This set that I got was very incomplete, some of the pieces chipped but I'm very happy to finally display it and wish that I knew a little bit more about it. I think it was a set that her mother owned but I'm happy to have this little bit of her and I will always remember the regal lady that she was and how she loved to set a beautiful table and provide an impeccably perfect meal for her guests.
The kids have been enjoying the dress-ups....... as Emily has been rounding up her crew for the most recent production of Cinderella. Mckay and Scotty continue to be Super Heroes in their sparkly garb.....Drewby....not sure about him but he did strike a pose for the paparrazi.

3 comments:

Spencer said...

Thanks for posting some pics of the kids. I miss them. I had to laugh at Jack and his part and feathered hair. He looks sharp. And then there's Drew...I've said this on more than one occasion, "Way to go Drew. I'm not at all embarassed for you."

Camie said...

Weird we have some of those same dress up....hhhmmm!!! Love it!

Staheli said...

HI-LARIOUS