Monday, January 4, 2010

Almost more than knitting.....

.....I love a good book that I can't wait to get home to (I said "almost"). I don't consider myself an "avid" reader but I like the lure of a really good book, not so much for entertainment but I like to read something from which I can learn so I guess I'm a bit of a "picky" reader. Just lately I read "Half Broke Horses" by Jeanette Walls (she also wrote "The Glass Castle" being about her childhood and "Half Broke Horses" is about her grandmother. Click HERE to learn more about it.). I loved them both. In the words of Jeanette Walls, "I love biographies. I love to learn what motivates people". I'm looking for other books to introduce to my book club if there's anyone out there in blogland with some suggestions. Also, I hope you'll heed the advice of Mary Engelbreit and, "Have! More! Fun!.....As I re-capped my 2009 for my Christmas card I can't even imagine that I can possibly fit more fun stuff into another year but by golly, I'm going to try and I hope you will too.....Have a great Twenty Ten and if you are not getting off to the best of starts, just take it a day at a time and make tomorrow better, and then, if all your tomorrows are better than the one before, you'll end up having a pretty great year when it's all said and done....if you're sick, get better....if you are well, stay that way....and I leared in church yesterday from a returned missionary that the only way to true happiness is to 1. go to church, 2. read your scriptures, 3. pray......So, I'm going to try that. Sounds simple enough. (I think I need to slip a little exercise in there as well).

1 comment:

Staheli said...

Thanks mom, I will try to have more fun and I agree with you on the fact that each day can be better even though somedays we take a step or two back we can always try to be better. I too can't wait to see how you make your year better than the last, I know you will, and I am LOVING the book. Thanks.