Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I love this bar....

....and it has been the gathering place in our home for almost 29 years from the early years of cookie making, 4-H clubs, birthday parties, pumpkin carving and cereal eating to now when the grand kids come they too have a place to gather.....I can't imagine my kitchen without it.
......and why I'm blogging about it.....I know not other than as I sat the kids up to it yesterday, I couldn't help but imagine all that has gone down at this bar....and I've been really appreciating my house lately and all parts of it from a big basement where the kids can play freely to a large bar where they can eat while they watch cartoons...so I'll continue tending my grand kids and my bar. Does that make me a "bar tender"? I would like to think so.

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Way cute post ! --& I feel the same way about my bar.
You have such a way with words.

Spencer said...

Where can I get me some yarn-owls...that's just what my walls are missing.

Love you, mom.

Jillyn said...

I still have those yarn-owls in Pine Valley and consider them yours, Spencer.

Diana said...

I love your bar too! You are a great bar-tender.