Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I'm declaring this "find a friend" year.....

.......and I was inspired by my Mary Engelbreit desk calendar and the quote of the day:

...and I really believe it. This past year has given me the opportunity to connect with some long lost friends from my past and it has given me a lot of satisfaction in finding them. Everyone I have met along the way has brought something into my life and it breaks my heart to lose touch with any of them so when I can find one.....it's a treasure. My year at Utah State was one of the best....

I don't remember school at all.....I just remember hangin' out with my friends every day and every night. One giant sleepover. Me, Carol Ann and Phyllis were hooked up with a couple of girls from Idaho and I'm not sure where Janet was from but recently, through some amazingly coincidental connections, I found Becky. She's the one on the far right and it's been a blast to find her again and find out where she is and what she is doing. Now I just need to find Janet (and apologize to her. I was mean, but I'm sure it was just because I was jealous. She was perfect, no really....I mean perfect. I was there to take her down and I regret it.) I also need to find Carla.
****************************
Through the years, my kids have had some really great friends. Never a dull moment.......

....seems the girls and their friends could always find something crazy to fill those hot summer days....

...so join me in celebrating friendships, old and new. "Life is what we make it and partly what it is made by the friends we choose." And to close let me remind you that "Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave and impossible to forget".....so my challenge to us all in Twenty Ten is to get out there and find that "truly great friend" that you haven't contacted in a while. Peace out....I'll be back in a few.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

NICE.

Diana said...

You are the most awesome friend ever! I don't think I could keep up with as many friends as you! I agree that it's great to keep old connections. I wish I could find a couple of girls from my house at Graceland College. I'm not even sure I remember their names, but I would love to know what they are doing now.

Camie said...

Wow you nailed that on that head for me. Good friends are definitely priceless!