Sunday, August 28, 2011

Awe........

......capellastock was totally AWEsome this year. I had some new recruits....I was a bit nervous, it's hard being in charge of someone's happiness...didn't force 'em to go....didn't bribe 'em to go....I don't think I even invited them (but if someone mentions they want to go, I'm pretty excited to get a ticket for ya)....glad to have Spencer and Shana along....and I hope they thought the trip was worth it.

In past years, I've invited others...many others...many, many others....in fact, I've wasted a lot of tickets in years past trying to convince others that this thing is as AWEsome as I think it is (my 7th consecutive year)....so I've quit trying to convince. Just go and find out for yourself. Here's my boys....T Minus Five...the ones that have put this on for 8 years. I discovered them at the Concerts in the Park at Brigham Park when I was on my mission in Salt Lake and have been a "groupie" ever since.......

AWE.......Vocalocity....totally amazing..(click HERE).You may have seen them at the County Fair this year.

My favorite of the night was "The Coats"....click HERE.....

All good things must end...but they all come together for one last number. AWE inspiring. So much talent on one little stage.....

We're basking in the AWE of the evening....Can't you just feel the joy?????

My AWEsome friend Shannon that hooks me up with the same "front row" seats every year. Even with a we bit of a mix-up this year, Shannon came through and made me feel like a VIP.

The only downside to the evening, was a group that I didn't like very much...actually, I would use the word AWE....ful....but that's a little strong...let's just say AWE....kward. However, you can judge for yourself as they will be on "The Sing Off" this season. They are Sonos and I have to say, not to be critical, just not my favorite....okay? See for yourself though....not my "cup of tea"...but Lucy is my "cup of tea" and I got to spend the day with her hanging out at her house and at the Farmer's Market.

We decided next year we are going to make it a "Little America Week-end".....and have another AWEsome time at Acapellastock. Come join us...... (click HERE to learn more about it. Wish I were this zealous about spreading the gospel!!!!)

2 comments:

Lauri said...

It was a wicked awesome night. Thanks for makin it happen each year.

Staheli said...

Very cool. Wish I could've been there. It was fun to see Spencer and Shana with y'all too. Love the pictures of Lucy...she's too cute!