Saturday, August 13, 2011

Hit it, Daddy.....

.....hollars Miller as he takes off on the boogie board and it was yet another accident-free and fun trip to Lake Powell compliments of Mason and Mandy and their generosity.

The Dad's are really good to let the kids have most of the fun.......

......but they do save some for themselves. Here they are on the tube.....

...and here they are off the tube......

We don't have to travel far from the houseboat to find adventure....

....but sometimes we do. We have found this sand cove and the kids have enjoyed playing and making castles while the older ones and the dad's challenge themselves to run to the top and speed down...7 or 8 times gets the ol' heart a pumpin'.....

....and ya can't be a kid without a little cliff-jumpin'.....especially with the biggest kids of all (dads) showing ya how.

Everyone got in on some tube action, from the littlest of kids to the biggest of girls (that's me!).

We've come to love our "star gazing" with Kyle's program on his Ipad. We find the satellites with his lasers then he can look them up on his gadget. Sounds nerdy but it's really fun and everyone can do it, from oldest to youngest. Guess it's kinda taken the place of Uno, Scum and Mormon Rook...but everyone joined in and had a great time.

As for me, I'm feelin' like my time is runnin' out and this old body isn't gonna take much more so I'm trying to get in as much livin' as I can....and this summer's been one big "good time"...surrounded by my family.

Me and my girls just floating in the Lake Powell scum.....Now we all gotta get back to work. A big "shout out" to my wee ones heading back to school with their tan lines and sunburned faces. You've been good to us, Summer 2011!!!!

2 comments:

Staheli said...

I gotta tell ya, this one made me freakin' homesick. I wish so much that we could have been there with you all. I LOVED all the pictures...so awesome. It made me smile to see the three boys together and so happy and it gave me hope that my three boys will be the same way all through life. I sure love ya mom. Thanks for the incredible post!

xomom said...

You had such a great summer! How are you ever going to settle back to 'same ole, same ole"? What great fun, family, memories, and what a great grandma you are!

Don't think I told you how much I like what you did to your kitchen. Looks wonderful!