Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Is it really as fun....

.....as the blog makes it seem? Maybe not, most of the time, but this time, it was. Crazy Grandma Camp commenced this afternoon when the children started arriving at about 5. The house is already a mess from the painting that I've been having done so the stress was off....they had their way with my house and we really had a blast.

I maintain that the key to a successful camp is to let them have all the pizza they want and their own can of pop......

....oh, and a trip to Snow Shack; walking of course....it's part of the ritual!!! (Note to family: Notice anything different in the picure above???)

Nothing brings me greater joy than to see my kiddies all together having a great time (and observing the different flavors they concoct at Snow Shack).

...and I think they look mighty fine in the jammies......(I didn't mean to take this picture on an angle....really, I didn't).

We actually started the day at Town Square with a carousel ride....and didn't really mean to get wet but it sure was fun. Now.....I'm not exaggerating when I say these kids are the best ever. (Elise and Katie joined us; we're missing Scotty and Jake. Matty, Max and Lucy are too young to be invited). Seriously....Jack and Miller each only cried once...no one got hurt...I only yelled about 3 times....and they played their little hearts out from quiet games, to rowdy ones and running-around ones, including jumping on the tramp and doing Silly String. The littler ones were asleep by...oh, about 10:30....I went down and the big kids were still talking about 12:30 but totally asleep by 1. Let's see if they all stay asleep. I don't usually plan on any "shut-eye" on this night but hey, they're all asleep...it's 2:00 a.m. I might just go get a few "z's" myself. I'm either getting better at this or the kids are growing up. Whatever the case....it was really as fun as it looks. I do not lie......and I know I'm crazy...but it's o.k.

3 comments:

joycew said...

I think you are a pretty terrific Grandma to go the extra mile and include some "honorary" grandkids. Looks like a good time was had by all...the question is: How are you this morning?

Russ said...

That amazing. I love that they are all wearing either their number shirts or their Wells reunion shirts. Your grand kids ROCK! You're not so bad yourself. I sure loved this post, I gotta be honest, I shed a tear for Scotty and Jake's absence but I sure loved it!

Russ said...

hahaha....that last comment was from me..Traci...by the way.