Monday, August 8, 2011

It doesn't get much better...

.....than live music on a warm, summer evening. I joined the other hundreds of Dixie-ites that love these guys as much as I do. They did not disappoint.

Three of my very, all-time favorite musicians on one stage. I was in heaven. Cherie Call and Sam Payne have joined forces for their concert series and it was amazing. Would have loved some of Cherie's older songs but I enjoyed her new ones just fine. I got acquainted with Cherie's music (clickity click HERE for a sample) on my mission at the Concerts in the Park at Brigham Park and have followed her ever since. Sam was in "tip-top" form....always puts on a good show.

....and I cannot say enough about this guy, Ryan Tilby....best bass player in the country but he didn't even play that tonight.....mostly mandolin and banjo....lots of guitar accompaniment. Talented guy. He plays with a lot of bands and is very versitile....I'd go just to see him. Amaaaazing.

After a hectic day of doing a lot but not getting a lot done, it was good to show up an hour and a half early and enjoy the shade at Vernon Worthen....and watch them get set up. God made a lot of talented people....and he made of lot of people that appreciate talented people. That's my category. Next month it's Forte...another great group. I'd love to have you join me.

No comments: