Wednesday, August 31, 2011

When I saw this picture.....

.....of Emily's Daddy Daughter Date......

...of course I smiled...as it reminded me of another Daddy Daughter Date; Lauri and her daddy....then it reminded me of my Daddy Daughter Date with my dad (and there is not picture just lots of good memories)....

....so I'm hoping someone out there in Blogland is remembering their Daddy Daughter Date and smiling tonight. I loved dancing with my dad...he was the best dancer and when I was really little, he'd let me stand on his feet and whirl me around the room. I remember one activity that was a snow party in the recreation hall and the dad's would pull us around on sheets pretending we were sledding. To all the dad's out there with daughters....cherish this evening beyond all others...'cause for sure, your daughter will....(and take lots of pictures). I don't really have any pictures with just me and my dad....he's been gone almost 9 years now and I miss him but cherish the memories of the good dad he was and I never doubted his love for me.

5 comments:

Lauri said...

Love it! I remember that night very well. There is a picture somewhere of traci's daddy daughter date somewhere. I crashed that date I believe and still feel a little bit bad about that. Sorry traci.

Camie said...

Oh man, that daddy daughter date was one of the most embarrassing nights of my life....I remember A Lot of giggle and something else...oh man...good times!

joycew said...

I loved to dance with Dad, also. I remember a Dixie College D-day dance with a date who wasn't the best dancer and Dad tapped in and took me for a few spins around the dance floor...great memories of a great dancer and a great dad! By the way, were those my boots that Lauri had on? (They look familiar.)

Staheli said...

No problem Lauri. I remember my daddy daughter date, I remember loving it, and I don't remember being mad that you came along. We had a silly supper at ours. The one where you can't understand anything on the menu. I love that picture of Kyle and Emily. This post makes me happy...thanks mom!

Lauri said...

I do remember the boots being way too big so they must have been yours Joyce.