Monday, January 27, 2014

I've said it before....

...and I'll say it again right here and now; the only thing I like more than baseball, is little boys playing baseball and we got a good heavy dose of  "goodness" this past week-end with four games in two days.....
.....and a couple of them were real  "nailbiters". I'm sure I've shared this before but just a reminder that I've been through a couple of those in my life-time and I have to admit, we're playing against teams that are coached by some of my boy's arch rivals....and even tho' they are little boys, we all instinctively want the win...
...but as a grandma, I don't take it as seriously and I do enjoy it more. Just want my little ones to love the game and as the tears flow, I'm not sure they do, but then again, if it's worth crying over, I guess it's worth working harder and getting better. The day they don't love it is the day they need to hang up the glove but I sure do love watching them...
...and I enjoy watching my boys coach. They want their boys to have a positive experience like their dad did for them and so far, I think they are all having a good time...and speaking of "nailbiters".....
....never again will I take a tonsillectomy lightly. After what we went through with Traci in December, I was a little nervous when Matty went in for one but they always say, children do better than adults. Maybe so, but poor little Matty had to go back in and get hers cauterized......it's so hard to see little ones so miserable.I asked her what I could bring her to make her feel better and she said she wanted a pink sweater 'cause she threw up blood all over her purple one.
She's trying so hard to feel better...but I can still see the pain....but she's pretty in pink, don't ya think? Glad to have that one done. It's been good to be here and help out where I can and be a part of their lives, both in pleasure and in pain. We are blessed beyond compare; for that I am grateful.

No comments: