Sunday, January 12, 2014

Why do we live in St. George.....

.....because you can golf by day, ski by night, just up the road a bit at Brian Head.  Um...sounds pretty good to me. I didn't do it but my kids did. Actually, they golfed Friday, skied on Saturday night....
...and I kayaked on Friday (in Folsom at Lake Natoma), also a pretty good place to live, so I guess you could say, I pretty much have the best of both worlds. (I don't golf or ski but I do enjoy being out in the winter sunshine).....
We checked out Lake Natoma and it was such a nice day...got a couple of hours in before sundown...
One of my favorite places. You can see the Sacramento Temple in the background there. A foot shot just to put it in perspective. I know some are against the proverbial foot shot....but sometimes, ya just gotta do it.
Here's some of the sights we see while rowing on the water.....
Just enjoying some chill time after a long day of work...doesn't get much better.
**********************
Below is a note from the newsletter of one of my favorite knitters (she's an author too, but mostly I just like her because she knits). I thought I'd try this out.....WORD OF THE YEAR. This is Debbie Macomber......

Every January I ask God to give me a word to focus on for the coming year.  I knew my word for 2013 was from God because it was certainly not a word I would have chosen! 

God spoke the word "submit" to me.  It has been a challenging word, but also very rewarding.  God has reminded me that when I submit to his perfect leading, grace and power, then and only then am I truly free.  
This year, I have felt the Lord speak the word "light" to me.  I can't wait to see how he uses "light" in my life this year.  If you ask God for a word each year, I would love to hear what your word is.  Please share it with me on my Facebook page.  If you have never asked for a word before, I challenge you to give it a try. You might be surprised how well the word you receive fits the year ahead.  
*****************************
So....I tried it and my word is ACCEPT.  I've thought a lot about it and it's good for me because I pretty much "kick against the pricks" most of the time and I've learned to accept myself, my circumstances, my wanting to be in both places, my short-comings and imperfections (as I try to work on them) and just everything in general that comes my way; do my best and let Him do the rest.  It's a little like the word SUBMIT but we'll see how it goes. So far, so good. I've learned a lot and I'm just getting started.

No comments: