Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Lucky me....

....I have a sister and it's her birthday. So....I dedicate this post to my BFF, confidante, validator, therapist and lunch buddy and I'm going to tell you some things that I think you should know about her.

Sisters function as safety nets in a chaotic world simply by being there for each other.
~Carol Saline
25 Random Things That You Need to Know About
Joyce Sullivan Webb....
1. She lives up to her "red head" stereotype (and was a member of the "Redhead Club" at Dixie High School).
2. She's sassy and spunky and when we were young she always won our "war of words"and....
3. ...she would rather be on the monkey bars than play dolls with me.....
4. ...however....she would get me roses on demand and
5. ...she loves, loves, loves....to read (always has and always will.)
6. She has a Master's Degree and was a High School Counselor.
7. Her favorite book is "Gone With the Wind"....
8. .....and she watches re-runs of Law and Order.
9. She collects Beanie Babies and has oodles of them.
10. She likes lime in her water (and Diet Coke but doesn't drink it any more because...
11. ...she has lost 40 lbs. and is trying to stay healthy...
12. ...but sometimes she will eat Key Lime Pie (and she loves Lemon Meringue Pie as well)......
13. ...then she goes to the gym (and has been for a really long time so she can eat Key Lime Pie) and works it off so Zeke (PT) won't get mad at her.
14. She takes care of animals, especially baby sheep because she lives with her family around a lot of livestock...
15. ....and she lets my little grand-kids come out and pet her sheep and hold them....
16. ...and she goes to lots of stock shows to show off the little sheep. (It really is impressive how she can stomp around in the manure with the best of 'em.)
17. She loves her doggies Cocoa and BeBe and she's letting Scooter live out his last days in the house (even tho' he leaks, bless your heart).
18. She drove with me to Disneyland on my birthday 2 years ago and pretended we were princesses and she didn't seem to be too embarrassed by my childish behavior.
19. She went on Tower of Terror....kind of against her will but it was my birthday and I wanted her to do it (and she does pretty much whatever I ask her to do).
20. She drove cross-country with me last summer (from Kentucky to here to get Mason's car home)...
21. ....and stopped at every antique store along the way looking for pots for our reading glasses and other treasures.
22. When I went on my mission she helped me move to Salt Lake....
23. ....and when I got done with my mission she helped me clean my apartment and move back home...
24. ....and she took me to the hospital when she thought I was having a heart attack.
25. She is an excellent Primary President, Sister, Wife, Mother, Mother-in-law, Daughter, Friend, Cousin and Aunt but mostly I'm so glad to have her because she's just my best friend. Happy Birthday, Joyce. You are everything to me.

7 comments:

joycew said...

Geez, sis...way to go and make me cry. This is the best birthday present you could give me (although I love the glasses and pot you gave me). And I especially love you!

Melia said...

It is so wonderful to have such a best friend. You two are lucky.

Anonymous said...

Three cheers for awesome an awesome sisters!!!! hip hip HOOray!! Happy Birthday Joyce! I remember coming home from school sometimes and you'd be sitting in the family room. I could have sworn my mom was talking to herself because I can't tell your voices a part. Thats just a tidbit that I thought I'd throw in on your special day.

Spencer said...

Happy Birthday Joyce - I was hoping mom would post that picture of me and you before your wedding when I was so shy that I was trying to back away from you, but it really just looks like I'm poking out my fat belly. You're welcome to visit any time.

Staheli said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOYCE! I love my sister too. I also love being around Mom and you when you are together. I get a hoot out of seeing what I hope Lauri and I will be in a few years.

Diana said...

Happy Birthday Joyce! I'm so so happy you two have each other. A sister must be wonderful. Thanks for sharing all those tidbits that make Joyce such an endearing and special person. You both are out of this world!

westfam said...

What a wonderful tribute to Joyce. As her friend to the end I will also add that I love her "spunkiness" as well. We have so many fun memories of our collaborations in high school. My only regret for her is that she never got the "queen" photo to match yours over the piano. She will always be the queen in my book!
Ester