Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Happy Birthday to my good friend Diana....

......and we really do go back a long ways. Not sure how this picture will come through but I really asked her to send me a picture of her white '67 Camaro because that's how far back my memories go...so am I saying that Diana is my friend that had a white Camaro...or was she my friend because she had a white Camaro that she would pick me up every morning at 6:00 a.m. and have it toasty warm as we drove off to Jetette practice? Whatever....the friendship has endured all these years and oh, the stories I could tell but I won't. My favorite memory with her (and her white Camaro) was my first real road trip. We took off on a Friday and drove clear up to Hatch, Utah where her parents used to own a little motel along highway 89 and we stayed over night. Wow....big stuff for us "barely sixteen year olds". So....though the Camaro is not around any more I'm glad Diana is and I'm glad she is still my friend....so now she picks me up in her sporty Mazda. Thanks, Diana for a lot of good times. (Just so you know, Diana is a really good singer, excellent seamstress and quilt maker and a mighty good wife, mom and grandma along with being a very good friend and the best part of all....she knits). To my friend Diana, Happy Birthday, yesterday and btw, love the Rebelette outfit. Good times.....

1 comment:

Diana said...

Hey...this is a little embarrassing, you know. But I sure appreciate your friendship all these years. It would be great just to go back to your old bedroom and sing and play the guitar, huh? I really wish I had a GOOD photo of the Camero. What I would give to go for a ride in it right now! Thanks for teaching me so many things, like blogging, knitting and making DVD's, and many other more serious things I can't mention here. And thanks for always being there. Artie