Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Every day should be blog-worthy....

.....but let's face it...it's not. I've had a few "un-blog-worthy" days lately but I decided to try harder to find something to blog about each day even if I don't really blog about it, but today I've got a couple of things on my mind as I put this day to rest. First off, while in my cleaning frenzy....I found some "old" bread....no green stuff growing on it yet but I'm sure more than "day old" but I decided to try some bread pudding and...oh, my was it good. Blogger wouldn't let me turn the picture but you get the idea, right? You can see how much I ate while warm, right out of the oven. Anyway, I wonder why....why blog about bread pudding? .....I guess because I can and I want the world to know that I have a really good recipe for bread pudding and it's fun to make good stuff out of old stuff that I would just have to throw away. That's why I like to make banana bread too....I hate throwing away rotten bananas but the "rottener" the better with banana bread. I digress....so let's move on. On to the skate park with George....(JoEllen and the kids joined us later.)
It's fun to go while George will still let me. The kids there are good kids and the place is pretty clean and on a sunny day, it's a pretty good place for a kid to be. And last but certainly not least today....let's give a shout-out to Blondie. I warned y'all that I've been cleaning out my cupboards lately trying to get organized and tonight I came across Kyle's Poems from Mrs. Smyley's class....uh, huh....you know what I'm talkin' 'bout and I know I wrote a bunch of them for him on that early morning rush to get the 100-poem project done so I'm not sure if this is mine or his but I liked it and it's been a really long time since I thought about Blondie. I'd like to know your thoughts and memories of this dog. I can never think of her without thinking of the birthday party we had for Spencer and tried to play outside games but the kids had to tip-toe through the dog-poo....but Blondie was a good friend to Kyle and I'm glad he had her in some of the very roughest times of his life. So I must apologize for all the times I cussed her and made fun of her....she fulfilled her purpose on earth and served many years being my son's best friend.

Question. Anybody out there in blogland that can tell me why you can click on some pictures and enlarge them for better viewing but others you can not? I'm baffled and would really like to know the answer.

6 comments:

Spencer said...

Dear Blondie,
I hope you are enjoying eating, pooing, and doing nothing in heaven just as much as you enjoyed doing it here.

Diana said...

I love to read your blog...even if it's about bread pudding! I want a copy of the recipe. Loved Blondie, even if you didn't! Diana

joycew said...

I have a greater appreciation for Blondie as I am cussing Scooter thru his twilight years. He is 15, deaf, arthritic, border-line incontinent and, I fear, starting to lose his peripheral vision. However, this said, everybody still loves him and when he is blind and can't get up the step...well, I just don't want to go there. Oh, send me the bread pudding recipe, please.

xomom said...

Okay...just post the recipe on your blog so we can all get at it.
Loved your newest socks.
Can't wait to read your book recommendation...what a fun one for Book Club. Wish I were close enough tojoin you.
I'm reading "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society" and loving it. Entire story is told in letters back and forth between the characters. I wish we still wrote letters...

::dallas:: said...

you can only click on some pictures because you do not select "none" when adding it. if you click on centered you have to keep it in the order and spot you download to... so just selct "none" and move your pic where ever you want and then we can click to make bigger. (hope that helped!)

::dallas:: said...

and i'd love your recipe!