Friday, February 13, 2009

I just got back....

....from a quick trip to Salt Lake to help Traci. Some good "grandma moments" with the boys and I have to admit, I did enjoy seeing those big flakes fall last Tuesday....but enough is enough. It's hard to stay cooped up all day with 2 active little boys. I cuddled them in blankets for a daily outside excursion but it was still soooooo cold. Scotty and I went for a long ride each day to give his mom some rest time. As I headed back down the road last night, I got to Filmore and found out there had been an accident that closed I-15, so rather that re-route through Minersville and Enterprise, I got a motel room and then came on down this morning in the sunshine. And I do love the sunshine.....the winter sunshine....not the hot, summer sunshine. Oh, aren't we hard to please. So, I say....welcome to my daffodils, the symbol of "hope" and the ushering in of springtime. (Have I ever mentioned that daffodils are the flower that I chose for my wedding but my wedding was in March so I went with yellow roses, which I love too but many years later I would learn that the daffodil has been adopted as the symbol of "hope" by the cancer society and so I've watched every year for that first daffodil to pop out and remind me of all the faith and hope we came to depend on throughout our years of fighting Scott's cancer.)

5 comments:

Diana said...

I had hoped you waited until this morning to go back, as I heard about the freeway closure. But glad you made the decision to stay in Fillmore. Love your daffodils! I admire your hope and faith. Another snow storm in the morning. Wish I was in Dixie! ("Away, away, away down south in Dixie...")

Spencer said...

Mom,
I'm loving the daffodils - thank gooodness for Spring in February. The Sunshine Tournament should be just around the corner.

Anonymous said...

I love the picture. Those two little guys are getting so cute! I need to tell Traci to stop having such cute kids...it's making me jealous!

Staheli said...

Thanks for coming mom. We all really appreciated it very much. I love your daffodils, anytime I ever see them I think of you. Can't wait to see you all next weekend!

Karen M. said...

You are full of such hope, what a great blog this time, I love the spring too. I love everything about warm, sunny weather and the renewed promises that spring brings, the waking up of the earth is so wonderful, we are so blessed!