Thursday, April 30, 2009

It's May Day......

What happened to the maypole? Have you ever braided one? A friend of mine e-mailed a bunch of us asking if we had any pictures of when we used to braid the maypole at East Elementary......so I got to looking in my old photos (this isn't one of them, I just found it on wikipedia so you can click on it to learn more about the braiding of the Maypole) and couldn't find one but remembered seeing it on video. Anyway, the memories flooded and I was just wondering where the maypole has gone....and (this is a lot of randomness) as I was cleaning off my shelves and deciding what to throw away, I came across my lovely little snow globe and card (click on it to enlarge it if you can't read it) but decided it would be a good thing to keep as it was given to Scott by Bonnie Andrus when he was going through his liver transplant many, many years ago and as you can imagine, times got stressful for him. I have looked at it many a time since and come very close to getting the hammer.....but haven't. It's a symbol to me that things aren't really that bad.....but the thoughts of slugging that thing have crossed my mind....but not today. It's been a good day and I've gotten to do some of my favorites things today....a Sam Payne Concert and a Mason Wells ballgame. Let the good times roll.....oh, and lunch with my sis. I love Thursdays.

2 comments:

Becky & Doug said...

It's nice to know other schools did a May pole, too. My third grade teacher had her class do it every year while the rest of the school had to sit and watch. It's not something I would want to do every year but still I wish I had pictures of it. - Doug

Camie said...

I still need to get over to visit...we will!!!