Saturday, February 20, 2010

One woman's treasures....

.....are her family's trash. I'm cleaning out files again and oh, the treasures I'm finding. I was driving out 7th the other day and saw on the marque at Dixie High School that it's Junior Prom time. "Get your date".....it says on the scrolling sign. Memories flooded, not only of my own Junior Prom and the crazy fun time we had decorating the rec hall, dying cheese cloth purple and gold up at Carol Ann's laundromat to string along with crepe paper streamers to lower the ceiling and make it as wonderful and beautiful as we juniors deserved to have.....but to my own sons' agony at having to ask girls out in a clever way......and then, what do I find in my files tonight......
I'm not even talking "clever" here....this is more "real" than I'd like to admit....so, was this sign really posted? I should be wondering if this son of mine (um, I'm thinking Kyle) really did get a date. My memory is failing me right now....but this has really made me smile....and if you'll indulge me a bit.....my Junior Prom picture below. I'm basking in this memory now....if that's o.k. with you, whoever you are.......

....and he just asked me to go, no note, no game.....just a simple question! Aw, the good ol' days. How d'ya like my hair? I did it myself!!!!

6 comments:

joycew said...

What a cute couple! Love the hair, the dress and the GLOVES! And how about those curtains! Those were the days....!

Staheli said...

AWESOME!!!

Diana said...

Hey, I'm with Joyce... love the look and especially the HAIR! Before I saw Joyce's comment, I said to John, "Oh, boy, look at those blue drapes, do I remember them!" Junior Prom was "Sweetheart Tree?"...no, I can't remember. Oh, yeah, I think "Camelot," right? I think I went with Mike McGregor.I'm so glad we didn't have to make big deals about asking. Ha!

Karen M. said...

And we thought we were glamorous too! What were we thinking! You look adorable, I think I burned my photos long ago! LOL

cynthiawintch said...

Good Morning!
Thank you so much for posting tthis lovely picture! The beautifully simple dress, the white gloves, the white jacket, the curtains, the chairs...everything! It all helps us to remember a time we can understand and appreciate. You and Scott are gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing. Love to you and the "good old days!"

xomom said...

Oh, the memories you do create with your blog! Thanks for taking us all down memory lane with you. And I add ditto to other comments... You two make a very handsome couple!