Thursday, February 10, 2011

Just so ya know....

.....I made it home and I think that's about the longest I've ever been gone (except when on my mission). Even when we would travel to Europe, Scott and I would only be gone for about 8 days. I've been gone a whoopin' 10 whole days...whew....and it was good to open my door and hollar "I'm home". Here's some of the stuff I did while in NC. I learned about "Cameron Crazies" (click HERE). Traci and I got caught up in the Duke/UNC game. These are the fans that paint themselves blue and literally jump up and down and go crazy at the game. These Duke fans are maniacs I tell ya. While we were on campus on Thursday, there were tents lined up outside the ticket office. Kids were waiting in line to see if they could get into the game....and there were as many outside during the whole game as there were inside.

I enjoyed watching Traci's little ones learn...when they weren't "rastling" or jumping off the couch, they were at the kitchen table doing their "homework" or working on their "projects". Jake's the "gamer" and is learning from his Leapster...could stay at it for hours on end.

These are "lipstick kisses" and I gave a lot of them the last couple of days.

....and I so enjoyed getting to know Max and his many faces. What a cutie.

*********************
Lest you think my travel all fun and games...let me vent a few of my annoyances (not wanting to spoil a perfectly up-beat , optimistic post but I just gotta get it out.) What gets into people to think that everyone on a crowded jetliner wants to hear their personal conversation....standing, crowded to the hilt, trying to get off the plane, this woman turns on her "bluetooth" and stands there talking AS LOUD AS POSSIBLE.....for about 5 min. Argghhhh...I hate it. There really is a study on this. Click HERE....they are called "halfalogue conversations" and are very annoying and distracting, to say the least. Then....Traci and I are in this craft store, just as happy as can be and one of my biggest "pet peeves"....an ornery cashier. I saw on the news the other day that Delta Airlines has one of the highest customer complaint records in the industry and they are making a bunch of their employees go to "charm school" (click HERE to read more)....take a lesson, AC Moore Arts and Crafts. All I want is a friendly "hello" and a smile. I don't like "over zealous" workers either but they are better than grouchy ones. O.k. I've vented... It's been a long day but I've been nice. Let's all try to be a little kinder and more considerate tomorrow...keep those conversations private and put on a happy face. Good night.....I'm off to bed and I'm going to dream about this..... Avocado Club Egg Rolls from the California Pizza Kitchen...yummay. We went there for lunch yesterday.

2 comments:

Staheli said...

Thanks for coming Mom. We had a great time. Jake asked for you later in the day and he cried when I told him that you wouldn't be sleeping with him last night. We had a great time, love you, and I'm glad you made it home ok.

joycew said...

Jillyn, get out your baby pictures and compare them to Max. He is your spittin' image (with less hair)! I am sooooo glad you made it home. I missed you!