Thursday, February 3, 2011

We all need something to cheer about...

....every single day. Today, I'm "cheering" for "me"....'cause I actually ventured to downtown, I mean DOWNTOWN "it doesn't get any more 'ghetto' than this" Louisville...by myself...to watch Laynee cheer so GO ME, and GO LAYNEE for going down there every day to attend one of Louisville's finest.
So I go through a trial run just before Spencer and Shana left, but to actually do it myself was a rush and I always enjoy accomplishing "hard things". I really didn't have to go....Laynee had a ride home with one of her friends but I really wanted to go and see her cheer so I headed out in the "beater" (I had to park on the street in front of the school so I'm not going to take the new van and risk anything, if you know what I mean) and I'm maneuvering through traffic with the best of 'em and taking all the right turns (except for one but I've gotten pretty good at just going a little further, backtracking, and getting right back to where I was supposed to be in the first place). My girls will tell you that I never get lost....(lost means you don't know where you are; I always know exactly where I am; someplace a little past where I'm supposed to be). I just take a wrong turn here and there and get in a wrong lane but I always get back so there you have it....my afternoon drive downtown. It really is a good feeling to do something that "stretches" me and I'm sure I've got a ton of those things ahead. So my challenge to you today is to go out and do something hard....feel the rush....you'll love it and then you can give yourself 3 cheers...(or more if you want to). The kids are still all right (or alright) and I hope you are too.

2 comments:

Lauri said...

I'm gonna go have a baby. That's my hard thing. And I hope she is ready to come out soon cuz she sure is getting uncomfortable. We love the hat by the way.

xomom said...

Way to go girl! Rah,rah,,,,rah,rah,rah!!!!