Monday, February 14, 2011

Remember when...

.....you had to make your own valentine box? George made a pretty cool one this year. Check out the window where you can "watch" your valentine flow down the different levels. This kid is an inventor....always thinking of ways to do stuff...
...and then remember when you'd come home and dump out the "loot" and see who all the cards were from and did you ever "read into them" some message that you wanted so badly to be from a "potential valentine"? Not sure what it's like anymore but when I was a kid, this day was a pretty big deal, especially after dark our moms would let us go out and do some major 'doorbell ditchin'....(not what we called it but that's no longer politically correct). Then there were the mischievous souls that would hook some invisible fishing line onto a card and hide behind a bush and snatch it away when the victim would reach down to pick up the valentine...so mean!!!! I'm pretty sure I never did that!!!!

I hopped on for a ride around the 'hood today with some of my favorite "home girls".....

Hope you have a valentine....(what is a valentine anyway? I looked it up: 'a sweetheart chosen on this day'...as in "will you be my valentine?") Ya, I hope you have one of those. If you do, consider yourself very lucky.

2 comments:

xomom said...

Welcome back! Sounds like you had a wonderful time bonding with those far away grandkids. Your daffodils make me a bit jealous, but we have at least had sunshine for a couple of days.

Diana said...

Oh, yes... I got lots of Valentines! We even had to make boxes for my work. I about had a cow. I said, "No way am I making a V-Box! I was so happy when my youngest was out of Elementary so I wouldn't have to make them any more!" But I made one anyway. My hubby got me some Peeps. That makes me laugh just thinkin' about our Peeps in Texas. Loved kickin' Valentines in Hatch and some tricky ones on a string too.