Sunday, October 9, 2011

A Southern Utah version...

....of "Diners, Drive-ins and Dives".....as Elsa and I ventured to Springdale last night in search of some fine food and entertainment. Not knowing for sure where we were going, we ended up here at "Park House Cafe"....and I have to say, I was a little intimidated by the "smallness" of it knowing there would be live music, none other than one of my SU favorites, Jerone Wedig; I just figured it would be packed...but no one knows about it yet so it was pretty much our own personal concert and the food was really good as well. I'll go back just for the food but the added bonus of Jerone singing only to us, (and a couple others) was really fun. A few ventured in and out while we were there but we stayed seated for about an hour enjoying the tunes. The drive, as always, was beautiful but even moreso with the coming of evening and a slight cloud cover, the bottoms of the gray clouds being lined with the pink of the setting sun....wish I would have taken a picture. We are so blessed to live in such beautiful country.....
***************
....and speaking of Southern Utah, welcome back Spencer.
Just had to throw in this latest ad and express to Desert Pain my sincere appreciation for putting this announcement in....mother's orders. Tell Court and the gang "thanks".....a mother's gotta do what a mother's gotta do. I rest my case....no more threats.

3 comments:

Karen Mendenhall said...

I heard you were a force to be recockened with!!! Ad looks great! Hey where is that cafe, I so want to try it out, is it next to the old Pioneer lodge?

Penny said...

That is a great picture Spence! Congrats! It's great to have you guys back.

Staheli said...

Spencer- you look super suave!