Friday, January 28, 2011

Tea for two...

.....and two for tea, yesterday..... it was Joyce and me...(did you catch the rhyme in there?) We ventured down to a little place called "Desert Dove Tea Room" because I had met the owner, Sharon Tuttle, the night before at Book Club. (Please clickity click HERE to learn more about my new friend). She is a lovely lady and Joyce and I had such a wonderful couple of hours, enjoying a light lunch and then meandering about her little restaurant/tea shop. Ingrid was our waitress and delightful to meet as well. This definitely is a place I would like to hang out at each day. When we first entered, I was totally in awe of all the the tea cups and saucers and the tea pots that lined the walls. I've always loved the idea of "tea parties" and as Sharon pointed out many times and it's definitely her philosophy in this little Mormon community....."it's not about the beverage, it's about the friendship"... and I totally agree. There's many times I've sat down with little girls for a "tea party".... either pouring punch in their little cups or just pretending. It's the "sitting down together" that was important and the chat and friendship shared across the table that makes it a tea party. I still love the little brown table I have downstairs that served up many a tea party when I was a child with a little glass tea set that my mom had when she was little. I still love sending my little ones downstairs to "sip a little tea" or, as I say now, "play restaurant".
*************************
Here's Mason and Ashley Ence having their own little "tea party". I figure anything set on a little table with little kids could be a called that......(Mason doesn't really read my blog, just likes the old pictures so this one's for you Mase)....

......and like Sharon said, it's not about the beverage....it's about the friendship so go out there and find a friend and have yourself a "tea party".

6 comments:

Spencer said...

Mom - a recommendation on your blog is like an endorsement from Oprah. Desert Dove Tea Room's business is about to go through the roof!

Carole said...

Jillyn, you are such a fun lady, wish I had a friend like you!!!
Have a great day.

Karen M. said...

I think tea party once in awhile to renew friendships would be such a great idea, we do lunches, why not friendship? Novel idea!

Diana said...

I have my china dishes from my childhood and I think they are a treasure. I just was catchin' up on yer blog. I'm a little out of touch. Gonna try to get mine up and going again - maybe once a week. I called you once last week, but missed you.

janece said...

I'm your friend...let's go have tea!

xomom said...

Where is this little bit of friendship heaven? Let's make a date for March my friend.