Sunday, January 23, 2011

"It do hurt"....

....was I sure I heard that? I listened again and for a second time, one of the football players on the New York Jets tonight said that at the after-game interview...."It do hurt"....and I'm sure it does. It's gotten me thinkin' about a few things in my life that "do hurt" and I've realized that often times those hurts do "define" us for a time but it should be our goal to make sure that in the end, life's trials and disappointments ultimately "refine" us. As the boys played baseball in their younger years, it got quite competitive at times...in fact, in the really early years when just playing the game should have been the most important part, it was a pretty huge feat to "beat the Gulls".....and from that point on, winning became the most important part of the game. Good thing we had, or at least it seemed, more wins than losses in their short careers but there were many times they came home with that same sentiment...."It do hurt!" and it wasn't a pretty sight around our house. As in sports....so is life. We want "the win"...but it doesn't always come. Scott always said that a loss once in a while "builds character". When he coached, he'd always tell the kids..."I'll never get mad if you'll just do your best." That's all....have a good week.
"Play hard, play tough, have fun....go Rangers" (Hey, what did the photographer tell you guys to say here? Just wondering.....)

3 comments:

Intro to Investments said...

I was hoping that spencer would have the answer to your question because I don't remember.

Spencer said...

The photographer apparently asked me to get my cap as close to falling off as possible...oh, and instead of "cheese," I guess we had to open up and say "Ahh"

Staheli said...

How was it that all y'all were on the same team at once?