Sunday, January 30, 2011

On the road again.....

....or I should say, in the sky again....or leavin' on a jet plane....whatever. I'm outta here and I get a little giddy thinkin' about headin' to the old airport (wish it were the new St. George airport...that definitely is in my future but for now,) a quick jaunt to Vegas and I always breath a sigh of relief as soon as I get my window seat, buckle up and settle in for a long winters nap....actually a 3 1/2 hour flight to Loo..vul. I find myself wondering what I should do....should I knit a sock....read a book....sleep....talk to my neighbor? The possibilities are endless and I've actually done all of that at one time or another, so I take plenty of options along with me. I've downloaded a couple of new reads on my Kindle, got a couple of knitting projects and I make sure to sit on the side so my "good ear" is to the person next to me just in case I do choose to chat (usually I don't but I like to leave the option open). Whatever I choose to do, the flight goes fairly quickly and I have to say, I never get tired of gazing out the window and wondering what city I'm flying over....or just wondering. It's a good time to take three and a half hours just to wonder. I've enjoyed my 3 or 4 trips a year to Louisville for the last 9 years...many of those, being able to visit 2 of my sons and their families....
....but we're winding down. I'm on my last 2 or 3 visits there (that is if I make it back for Thunder)....but it's a good thing. We all must move on eventually.....so I will enjoy this visit, as I have the others and start my "good byes" to a place I've come to love to visit. Loo-vul....you'll always be a part of me. Lots of good times and good memories.

1 comment:

elisha said...

Hi Jillyn,
I am glad you are on your way. Visiting children is always a wonderful time. And being gone from St. George will give you a little extra time to think about how amazing and rich and exciting life can be. I look forward to your coming home with all kinds of adventures to share. Have a great time! See you soon! Cynthia