Saturday, January 1, 2011

Just thinking of my dad today...

....and remembering what a fun-lovin' guy he was and how much I miss him. Also, I've been impressed that Anita has taken the time to research her ancestors and is creating a blog to honor them on their birthdays. Check it out HERE to see what she is putting together. I would like to honor my dad on what would be his 83rd birthday.

I'm just glad my kids got to have him for a grandpa 'cause he was a really fun guy to be around and they all knew he loved them and they were all his favorites.

















Never a dull moment as you can see, especially if you remember to wear your overalls.


















He would come see me every day on his way to work and play with the girls, if even for just a minute or tw0....it was fun to know he would come and enjoy them before he got on with his day.
















My dad was a good, good man....faithful husband that loved and honored his wife, the best home teacher ever and a hard, hard worker......and the best dad a girl could ever have. He loved to laugh, to dance, to tease and to tell a good joke.

If he were here today, we'd all be gathering for either dinner or cake and ice cream and all of us (about 25 or 30) would be gathered in the family room and he'd stand up and call us to order and say something like...."...and to think I am responsible for all of this"....with a bit of a tear in his eye then he would probably mumble a little prayer and blessing on the food and he would be lovin' every minute of it and would be totin' a 3rd generation of little kids around by their over-all straps; then when it was time for all of us to go, he would say somethin' like ..."sure glad you got to see me tonight"!
Don't ya love this picture with the temple right there out our front door? I hope y'all had a great New Year's Eve. I did. I actually walked around the temple grounds tonight with some dear friends from my mission, Rob and Linda Fisher. We've had a great evening, visiting, riding around town and just hangin' out.

Happy New Year one and all....and Happy Birthday, Dad....I sure do miss you.

3 comments:

joycew said...

Thanks for helping us remember Dad. I miss him, too. It's so good to have pictures that bring the memories right back as if it were only yesterday. Good to see everyone at his birthday dinner today.

Diana said...

I was just ketchin up with your blog. It has been awhile since I've had a chance to look. Loved seein' whatcha been up to. And always love seeing the old photos. You're dad was awesome!

Staheli said...

Oh how I loved that post. I thought a lot about Grandpa on Saturday. I sure miss him. Thanks mom!