Monday, January 3, 2011

This is what I woke up to this morning....


.....and it is so beautiful and "still"...

.....but I remember earlier times when it was "excitement" and my kids would scramble for any and all snow clothing they could find which was sometimes just socks on their hands for warmth because we didn't own gloves (or all our snow stuff was in Pine Valley) but it never kept them from running outside to take advantage of the few hours (or moments) of snow for the year.

"Hurry and go build a snowman....it'll be gone by noon"......
"Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow"......but just today!!! Aw, we are so spoiled here in Dixie. I do love it the once a year it comes though!!!!!

1 comment:

Staheli said...

I'm glad that you can enjoy it for a moment. I agree with you...I'll take it once a year..happily but please no more than that!