Thursday, October 16, 2008

Let's hear it for the garbage man....


....you know the old joke about the woman in her house slippers and robe running out as the garbage truck drives away yelling "am I too late for the garbage?" and he says..."no, just jump right on...." That's how I felt last Wednesday when I silently declared my own "Garbage Man Appreciation Day". The day before, I had purchased 2 boxes of these.....you know at Costco, you can't get one box of anything....well, I proceeded to have 1/4 of the box gone by 10:00 a.m. and as I was doing my hair, I heard the garbage truck and knew if I didn't get that blankety blank box of chocolates out of the house, I would have it finished off by noon.....so I ran outside and there he was, just pulling up at my house and I ran over to him and shoved the box in his face and said ".....I have to throw these away." He said, "I'll take care of that for you" and he went on his way. That's it. No more to this story. I just know now when the urge to buy gets to me, there'll always be someone to give it to....at least on Wednesdays. I better be careful what I buy the other days of the week.

5 comments:

joycew said...

So my question is this: Did the garbage man eat them or throw them away? Well done, sister of mine!

Dustin & Angie Drake said...

I was wondering the same thing...

On a side note: Would you mind sending me your recipe for pomegranate jelly some time? (angiepick@hotmail.com) Thanks!

Jillyn said...

Well, duh.....he took them and probably had them eaten by the end of his route....

Camie said...

Loved the story..I am glad someone else indulges before 10am some mornings besides me, even if we do feel sick and guilty afterwards. At least you got them to the garbage before it was too late.

Diana said...

Hey, you said you were going back on the big "D" on Monday! Whatsssup????