Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The reunion fun did end.....

.....aw, it was such a great week-end. I've talked to several of my class-mates and we've all come to the conclusion that it's hard to put into words how much fun we had together. There's just a comraderie in our class that puts a smile on your face whenever you see one of your friends from long ago....so, today I've been thinking a lot about my classmates, feeling like I just didn't get to spend quality time with enough of them to satisfy me. Actually, I'm feeling empty and pessimistic today.... (a little sleep deprived as well and I'm sure that doesn't help).So I got thinking about the concept...."is the glass half full, or half empty" as mine's feeling pretty empty right now when it was so full this past week-end. I ran across this little "half empty, half full" test online that I took and found out that I'm in-between. These are my results:

You can be optimistic, but you may let pessimism get in the way of achieving your goals at times. You want to see the good in people and situations, but there is a part of you that is distrustful and afraid that things will not turn out the way you hoped. Practice making a conscious effort to be more optimistic and good things will happen. Realize the power of positive thinking and try to see the bright side of every situation.

I'm going to get a good night's sleep tonight and practice my "positive thinking" exercises tomorrow. How about you?

2 comments:

Staheli said...

Good for you mom. I think we all have our times when we can't seem to find the positive in a situation. It makes for an interesting blog entry and something to think about.

Camie said...

How fun to share such a bond with your classmates. My class isn't so close and thats probably why we tried to squeeze in a 6 year 'get together.' Ya, no reunioning for us. I wish we had been closer.

I think it takes a lot of hard work and practice to be optimistic. I hope its okay to take a break every once in awhile because sometimes I need a good sulking for a day, I guess the important thing is jumping back on the optimistic train the next day!!