Wednesday, October 8, 2008

One Wild 'n' Crazy Kid......

......is the proud owner of a dental practice in Hurricane. How could I have ever guessed that this little baby that came 3 weeks late, had the cord wrapped around his neck in my womb and was supposed to be watched throughout his life for "brain damage" would now be a dentist.....but...he is and I'm proud of him. Thirty years ago this very night I was bawling my eyes out wondering if he would ever be born. I suffered through one more day (which will be tomorrow) and then the next day, October 10, I called my ultra-conservative religious (Seventh Day Adventist) doctor and told him something had to be done and something was. They did an amniocentesis and found out this kid was almost a month old and rushed me in for a c-section. He survived, wrinkled and blue, and my #3 boy would live to wear that number on his basketball jersey and baseball uniform many a time. So, Mason.....I know 30 seems old but it's not....it's just that "real life" is a little tougher than that dreamworld you've been livin' back there in Kentucky so just know that you are well on your way now and can't turn back. Is that encouraging? Probably not and when you think life is really tough and little McKay is bein' a pill, just come on over and read some of my journal entries. That shirt we bought for you way back when tells the true story of what you put me through but it's all worth it and you've given me some really good times....many more than those tough ones. Happy Birthday on Friday. Enjoy the journey.....exciting times ahead. From your ever lovin' Mom.

7 comments:

Nate Sarah Cooper and Hank said...

YEAH!!! Congrats to Mason and the whole family! I am so excited for him. Mckay like his dad what?? I didnt think that was posible they dont even look alike. HAHA.

::dallas:: said...

yay! happy brithday mason... what a wonderful story Jillyn!! Thanks for sharing!!

Tell traci that I want to be added to her blog!!

dall_xoxo@msn.com

and ps Im gettin excited about my socks!! :0)

Spencer said...

Moments of Brain death in Mason's life...hmmmm.

Interesting how that outfit (the chevy trucker hat and iron-on t-shirt) was foreshadowing Mason's future years he'd spend in Kentucky.

Happy Birthday - this makes us good for your b-day

Russ said...

You Rock Mason, happy birthday!!! It is kinda crazy that you boys are all in your 30's now. I don't know if I've ever seen that picture. It rocks too. And you Rock Mom for keeping up on your blog, I love checking it everyday to see if there's something new. Congrats Mase on the dental practice. This real life stuff is nuts. Love you all!

Staheli said...

that comment above was from me, traci, as if you wouldn't know.

Anonymous said...

i thought for a second that comment was from russ... i read it much differently when i realized it was from you Traci. thats funny! happy birthday mason all the way from mexico. ps. mason do you read my blog? you should comment once on it so i know if you read it or not.

Kisten Downey said...

mason is such an awesome guy.... we are so lucky to have such a good friend...