Sunday, October 18, 2009

I DID IT......

.....and it wasn't that hard (now that it's over) but I have to say that I had the same feeling that my niece's husband described when he finished a triathlon (Eric, hope you don't mind me using your quotes from your Facebook entry): "I DID IT!!! Amazing the spectrum of emotions one can experience in just 3 hours. What a high! Swim 1 mile + Bike 25 miles + Run 6.2 miles = one of the greatest experiences a person can have." .....but mine was actually an "Iron Grandma" (take off on the Iron Man Race) as I pretty much kept my Kentucky grand kids alive for FOUR DAYS.....as they jumped off furniture, careened down mile-high bike jumps, and went off by themselves to their friend's houses in those corrupt Louisville neighborhoods.....not to mention that I COOKED....(we only hit Mickey D's twice), that in itself was equal or even more than Eric's 6.2 mile run and in the end...in Eric's words: "I think the announcer put it well, "how close is heaven? You ask. It is very close. It is right on the other side of that finish line. ".......my heaven was last night in the Louisville airport when Spencer and Shana walked into the arms of their 4 "alive" kids......I was secretly doing the arm and fist pump repeating in my head with a huge grin on my face...."I DID IT!".....and it was a bit hard on this old grandma but enjoyable. Do I want to do it again?.......'um give me a day or two and you'll get a resounding YES!!!!!!! Laynee, Drew, Seth and Jack.....I miss you. You really are great kids.
Saying goodbye to the kids this morning after a successful stay. I'm sure another Iron Grandma Event will be coming soon.....I'll keep you posted.

3 comments:

Staheli said...

that's pretty good mom. I guess you still have some "umph" in ya after all. I hope by "next event" you mean a trip up north. Love ya.

Laynee said...

wow, i look gorgeous in that pic(not).thanks for4 coming out grandma!! it was a blast!!!! love ya!!!!!!!

Karen M. said...

You rock as a grandma, there isn't a better one that I know of. I am taking notes!