Saturday, October 3, 2009

I do love surprises.....

....and Traci has pulled a few off through the years. Last Tuesday, I got a call from her (that I almost didn't answer because I had been working with a student) but I quietly answered it and she told me I looked nice today. I soon realized she was here.....I looked up and Scotty was coming through the door at work.

What a fun week we've had. My favorite part of her coming is getting the cousins together, especially Scotty and Evan and Jake and Miller. We were able to do a little of that and this morning, while playing downstairs, they discovered some hats in the cupboard, the perfect hip-hop attire as McKay showed off some of his moves and the rest joined in with theirs.

We ended the week with a short visit to Pine Valley where Traci enjoyed the golf cart, the boys ran around on the lawn and we all held little Matty. She's 2 weeks old now and very pretty in pink.
I hope everyone enjoys conference......and my prayers are with my marathon runner. Good luck Kyle.

4 comments:

Camie said...

WHat a great surprise...

Stevo and Annie said...

Surprises are the best! Looks like you guys had a great time.

Staheli said...

I do rock at surprises!

xomom said...

I was excited for you to get such a fun surprise...but I especially want you to know how cute Matty looks in the sweater you made her. Toooo cute....her and the sweater.