Sunday, March 14, 2010

Did you know....

......that my front porch light has been on every night for 28 3/4 years....well, there might have been a time when I was out of town that it may have been off but I leave it on whenever I leave now and I have left it on all night every night ever since we built the house and chose NOT to have a lantern out by the sidewalk....so there you have it, just a mere fact that I got to thinking about as I opened the door at this ungodly hour of 3:22 a.m. to see what the weather was like after watching "Elizabethtown", a pretty great movie that I really needed to watch tonight about life, love, loss, humanity and a really great road trip....that I'm going to take one day (and it was filmed in Kentucky and had all the places I've seen and been to) O.K....back to the porch light. I love porches....and I have 3 of them (I'd rather have one big one that goes all the way around the house but I'm pretty thankful for my 3 and not just because they get me to the doors)....and I'm thankful for this family that is on my porch....

.....and another favorite porch of mine is in Pine Valley......

My porch is totally an extension of my house and I love sitting on a sunny porch in the winter and a shady porch on a late summer afternoon....so there you have. Just so you know, I'll always leave the porch light on for ya......

3 comments:

Staheli said...

That is my number one requirement of my dream home....a great porch!

Spencer said...

A porch is a must have...I agree. On a completely separate note: Kyle, will you please update your faculty picture on the Dixie State College web page. Even if you don't use him/her, at least find out who did Jason's glamor shot. Thanks.

joycew said...

I love porches as well...but can we leave all the multi-tasking behind while we are sitting on the porch watching the sunset, or reading a book or knitting? (I'm out of order on my comments, oops)