Friday, March 12, 2010

Twenty five.....

......years ago this very day, a 2nd little girl was born and as happy as I was for me, I was more happy for Lauri because she got to have a sister. I'm sure I've told you this before but hear it again, there's nothin' like a sister so clickity click HERE to see what I wrote last year and I'll probably repeat a lot of things this year but I need you to know....from the bottom of my heart....how I love this girl. Let me share the "essence" (definition..the most significant element, quality, or aspect of a thing or person) of this young woman and she has many elements, qualities and aspects so I'll share her "essences"......
*************************
To stay true to the title of my blog, this is Traci then......
.....lover of cats, giraffes, dress-ups, parties and friends,....totally her daddy's girl, my little shopper, dancer extraordinaire and most of all Lauri's sistafriend.

She's now called mom to Scotty and Jake, wife to Russ, chief cook and dragon-slayer, singer and dancer and Hero portrayer.....she does it all with a smile on her face......

....she's come a long way since she was in this place!!! (Traci, I had to put this picture in. It's got to be my all-time favorite and along with birthday well-wishes, I'm going to solicit comments from the family, memories of this exact moment. We love you baby girl....you are what every little girl should want to grow up to be. HAPPY BIRTHDAY.....be kind to yourself today. I'll see you in a few and we'll celebrate big.

6 comments:

Jillyn said...

I'll go first....
"If Traci ain't happy, ain't nobody happy"....

Staheli said...

I remember it this way.......
"I'm tired of being here, I can't ride any of the rides, I just want to go swimming."

I'd like to think that I was brave enough to take on Knottsberry Farm...just not tall enough.

Spencer said...

Happy big 7th birthday...you're such a big girl. Love you.

Diana said...

Oh, gosh, I just caught up on your blog and sorry you're not on the Oregon coast. I wish I was on some coast...a warm sunny one. Happy Birthday to Traci - your baby. What a kick watching her grow up and now be a mommy too. Glad you got to lunch with Jean. She probably doesn't know who I am, but if she did, she wouldn't like me. Once we were at a Dixie Snow game and things weren't going well for Dixie and I yelled something like, "Come on, call a play, Jolley!" And I was sitting right next to her. ...oh, nevermind...that was Gordon Jolley, not Doug. Oh, well miss ya.

Julie said...

happy birthday to traci! I have MANY great memories with that girl. It was great seeing you last night jillyn. Hope to see at the other games.

Intro to Investments said...

Traci Bo Bacie... I didn't forget your b-day. I was going to call at midnight to keep up the joke but I'm a nice guy so I just texted. Hope you and Russ are settling in.

Kyle