Thursday, March 11, 2010

I feel like a disappointed little kid....

......that can't quite get over the fact that I'm not here..yeh, I was there 2 years ago and it should be me standing there again this very day...well probably tomorrow, we would have been just getting there today but I got sick and I couldn't go so I've been sulking and stomping my feet and right down feelin' sorry for myself the last couple of days because I'm not on the Oregon Coast...which I have to say is
one of my Top 10 favorite places to be and with 12 days of Spring Break....I should have been there. O.k. I'm about over it.....
.......and I did have a good time today with a good friend that I haven't talked to in a while, Jean Jolley. She called and we did an impromptu (my favorite kind) lunch at The Electric Cafe. We had a good chat and she gave me some great ideas as I'm planning Lauri's wedding and we got caught up with each others lives and families. I love doing that and I do love her family. They were a big part of our lives at one time when our boys played ball together and Gordon and Scott coached the All-Star State Champs and took them to San Bernadino and through Doug and Mason's high school years. Good times.....and it's always fun to catch up.
Here we are enjoying lunch and below is a picture of us in Hawaii about 10 years ago as we went over to watch Doug play football when he was playing for BYU. We had a great time then and a great time today. Good friends....what a treasure. Oregon coast....catch you later.....I think I'm done pouting.

1 comment:

Staheli said...

I'm so sorry you didn't get to go to Oregon. We'll make up for it at Myrtle beach!