Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I took a vacation from my vacation...

...if you consider a vacation doing whatever you want to do whenever you want to do it. That's what my days are like at home but I took a quick trip north to take James and Lauri's stuff up to them and to attend the wedding reception of Brittany (Mike and Karlene's daughter) and Tyler at La Caille.... Have you ever been there? Oh, my....talk about being transformed into another world. It was hidden (I got lost for about an hour trying to find it) along a little path just off Wasatch Blvd. and what a beautiful place. Worth the effort just to drive down the cobblestone path to take a peek and it was mighty fun mingling with all the Wells relatives. I love them all to pieces.

Then I pampered myself with a night at Little America and got lost in the memories of days gone by when Scott and I would stay there on our many trips for medical reasons and for seasonal vacays with the kids....good times. Now back to my summer days of leisure.....I do love a trip to Salt Lake once in a while. An added bonus was a visit with Diana and Phyllis, a stop at Blazing Needles with Phyllis, and as always, a sentimental stroll of Temple Square and the Church Office Building grounds reminiscing my days there on my mission. Last trip it was George Strait that got me there and back; this time it was North and South book on tape. On this Thankful Thursday, I'm grateful for my Ipod.

2 comments:

Diana said...

Great to see you and talk. Sure appreciate you, girl. I'll email soon.

Penny said...

My Jr. Prom date took me to La Caille for dinner. It was awesome! But at 16 years old I hardly knew which fork was which. I wish I could go back now. Maybe I'll make Joel take me up there for our Anniversary. Fun!