Saturday, May 22, 2010

Oh my....please pardon my mistake...

.....and I'm giving Spencer his own post to prove that he too, is a dancer. I just forgot. My most vivid memory of his childhood when it comes to the arts is that I tried to make a singer out of him, trying to promise him the world if he would just perform....big mistake, but the boy can dance.

Isn't it good we have pictures? I don't remember this little jig....but I do remember the poncho and the Mexican Hat Dance. I have that poncho down stairs if any of your kids need it for future
programs. So sorry, Spencer....didn't mean to leave you out.
...and we all know that Lauri is the best dancer of all. Here she is gettin' down with the kids, teaching them some kind of line dance, I think they call it the Love Dance....Oh, I don't really know what it's called but it's fun. I just call it Lauri's dance.
*******************************
O.k....so I have a little "down time" since the wedding and so I finished a book today. I'm not sure it's one I'll recommend to any of my friends but I really liked it. Lately, I've been drawn to memoirs....(because I'd like to write my own). They seem a little different than just biographies as they are "stories" from people's lives, not just their life story. This one is about a woman that lost her husband (I always relate to those) in a tragic car accident. She became a Chaplain and was hired by The Game Warden Service of Maine. "Here If You Need Me"....is the story of kate Braestrup's remarkable journey from grief to faith to happiness--as she holds her family together in the wake of her husband's death, as she pursues his dream of becoming a minister, and as she ultimately finds her calling as a chaplain to serach-and-rescue workers. Her story is dramatic, funny, and deeply moving--an uplifting account of finding God through helping others and of the small miracles that happen every day when a heart is grateful and love is restored." From dancing to reading....there you have it for this day. Happy dancing and happy reading one and all.

3 comments:

Spencer said...

This proves nothing. I still can't dance. Nice pics tho.

Staheli said...

But Lauri can! And all those grandkids too...they all got the beat!

As for you Spencer...I quote from the last page in the book "Giraffes Can't Dance" by Giles Andreae...

Then he raised his head and looked up
at the moon and stars above.
"We all can dance,"he said,(Gerald)
"when we find music that we love."

Spencer said...

Inspiring...especially coming from a girl who "dances automatically."