Saturday, October 30, 2010

Feeling a little unworthy....

....but pleased, nonetheless, that my daughters would solicit so many of my friends and family to write funeral talks for me on my 60th birthday. But it was just a few years ago that I asked them to write my obituary so I guess they figured I really would like to attend my own funeral which I, in fact, would, and which I, in fact, feel like I did today. I laughed, I cried, I reminisced, and I am truly grateful for my life and the good people that have filled it. Thanks to all that took the time to participate. It has been a great day and I'm sitting down now to read it all again. (I love my beautiful new witch hat given to me by my good friend Cynthia. I love it).

It didn't start out so well. I had a bit of a melt down early this morning as I faced the day and the preparation. Thanks, Lauri for pulling me out of it and Kyle for the reassuring hand on my shoulder to tell me it would all be o.k. It came together great and Lauri and I both realized that the spudnuts need to be their own party, (I think Cynthia would agree. She made most of the dough. Thank you, friend) A little too much in one day....not just too much food, too much going on. It was fun though and Lauri and James did most of the frying. Yes, Lauri...it was my idea, so thank you for going along with it.
As for the rest of the day, it was great. Lots of food, fun and visitors. The table is spread.

As much as I don't like Halloween, I still like my birthday and I would have a hard time making a big deal of it if it was any other day. This has been a great one. Thanks to all that made it that way.

Mason usually wins in the costume department, and his was good but I gotta give it to JoEllen this year. Nanny McPhee to the "t".....
I love my "Super Hero Family" in North Carolina. Good job Traci. Little Max won "Best Costume" at their ward party for his portrayal of Thor. So cute..... I need some pics from my Kentucky family. Bring 'em on.....
****************
And the winner is......
None other than one of the Original Home Girls....Camie Ence Schwartz. Come on over, Camie and pick out some yarn. You will have a new pair of socks for your cold Provo winter. Congratulations.....

2 comments:

Staheli said...

I love love love the pictures. Everyone's costumes totally rock! My favorite picture is the one of you in your witch hat hugging your book. I'm so glad that you love it. I'm so glad I got to be on the phone while you opened it. There are a heck of a lot of people that really love you. Happy Birthday Mom!

Camie said...

HIP HIP HOORAY! I can't even tell you how excited I am about the socks. I am so glad I ended up being in town so we could pop over to wish you a happy birthday and halloween...oh yah and the donuts were a plus :) I somehow managed to leave town without getting over to your house. I trust your judgement and hope I can maybe pick my socks up during thanksgiving. I am glad your bday turned out good....you are worth celebrating.