Saturday, October 2, 2010

Another marathon has come and gone....

....and it was a hard one. Hot, hot, hot....and when we didn't need coats at 7:00 a.m. at the Mayor's Walk, I knew the runners would be in trouble but they all made it and Kyle once again did a fine job, I think about 4.40 or so, not sure but I'll make the correction later.
The Mayor's Walk starts at 7:00, starting at Bluff Street Park and ending at Vernon Worthern Park. I had a little photo op along the way. Ya gotta love our poem recitin' song singin' Mayor Dan.


So the routine goes like this....we do the Mayor's Walk then head back up to watch runners at our usual spot....

.....then as soon as we see Kyle, we head down to the finish line and watch Kyle cross and then we take pictures of all the pain and triumph then head home to watch conference. There you have it....the first Saturday of every October.

5 comments:

Lauri said...

Woohoo... Way to go KYLE!

joycew said...

What a fun way to usher in October! Yes, way to go Kyle and all who did the Mayor's walk. I think next year I will do that, too. (Easy to say when it's a whole year away!)

Staheli said...

Awesome! I love the marathon traditions. Kyle, you rock! So happy that Lauri and James made it down.

Karen Mendenhall said...

You are the most awesome person I know, you always have some tradition, some party, some camp, some walk , some concert, something going on, I love it! Where do you get your energy, I want some of that!

Penny said...

I love this tradition. The boys to such a great job. I'm always proud of all of them for even running regardless of the time. Joel said about mile 20 he was ready to die but then saw a sign that said "It's not about the race, It's about the journey." Then he relaxed and finished the race.