Friday, October 15, 2010

Road trip today, by George.....

This will mostly be a picture post but there's a couple of things I've gotta tell ya before I get started here...and about this picture. Well, you can imagine what came out of my mouth when I rounded the corner and saw this.....yep...it's George. Oh, well...get a picture then get the #$%^ down......

After being in a bit of a "funk" yesterday (with the help of family and friends I made it through) Kyle convinced me to join his family today on a little road trip to the Grand Canyon and the pictures will tell the rest of the story. What a wonderful day it was and I am so appreciative that they made me get out of my house and out of my pity party.....

It started off with lunch at the Jacob's Lake. Haven't been there in a long time but great food and very family friendly....

Then off to the lodge at the North Rim. We took a couple of little hikes with some awesome views.

Just couldn't resist these two pictures. Matty had a great time today....

....and it was a good day for JoEllen. As she was looking in the back pack for a diaper for Matty, she found her video camera that has been lost for several weeks. Lots of celebrating going on here.....

It's been a fun day. Thanks for dragging me along, family....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful day you have shared with us. My thanks to Kyle and JoEllen for insisting that you come along because we all can vicariously enjoy a great day at the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. Thank you Jillyn for sharing. Cynthia

Staheli said...

Incredible pictures! I love it. Once again, wish I could have been there. Kyle's right....you do make life look so fun and eventful, but I also know there's a lot of "blah" in between. Blah is ok too I guess. Love you Mom. Talk to ya soon.

Unknown said...

thanks for blogging about our fun trip and my Grand Find at the Grand Canyon- guess what? ......I got an A in genetics :)

Karen M. said...

I am so thankful that JoEllen and Kyle are so mindful of yor loneliness and include you in their family adventures, we all should have more children like them in our lives. What a great day for all of you, memories in the making!