Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Soup's on...

....and I got some wonderful Lehi tomatoes yesterday, the really squishy ones that make a dark, red soup because they are almost over-ripe. It's been nice having the smell in my house today.
Just waiting for more tomatoes to show up at my doorstep. Maybe I'll go lookin' tomorrow. Mason, where are the ones you promised me????? I'm waiting.
Here's page 11 from Mrs. Ludwig's cookbook in case anyone out there wants to make their own. I just do the juice (usually double the recipe) and put it in jars and then steam them. If you want to thicken the juice later with the roux, that's fine but we just usually eat it out of the jar (heated with cheese or noodles, sometimes but mostly I just drink it like juice....yum).

4 comments:

Staheli said...

mmmmmmmmm..............I can smell it now. Oh how I miss that wonderful smell.

joycew said...

mmmmmmmmm....I tasted it! It was yummy. Thanks.

Diana said...

I love your soup and tomato stuff. Save me some, okay?

Becca said...

JIllyn...this looks so yummy but what are the "mixed spices"? I wanna try this!