Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Just a few random thoughts....

....on this October morning and I'm remembering 30 years ago today when I had a baby boy, David Barber Wells but didn't get to keep him. It was a tender time for our family so I'll be remembering him and wondering what he would be doing right now.
***************************
A few years back about this time of year, we were enjoying some elders in our home (probably spending more time here than they should have) and it was fun getting to know them. Recently, I've been cleaning out my junk and yesterday I ran across an old address book; flipping through it I found a home address and phone number for one of those elders that we knew and loved at one time in our lives. I called it and sure enough, his parents still live there and I was able to get Elder Smithson's phone number and, sure enough, he answered. We had a little chat and he gave me his e-mail and promised he would call me back when we could talk longer (he was at work). I'm still waiting. Now I just have to find Elder Hill......where are you "Hamburger".....(Hamburger Hill and Apple Pilling, our stupid nicknames for Elder Hill and Elder Pilling).


This was when Kyle was getting ready to go on his mission and he would go on splits with these guys. Good times......Elder Wayne Hill....where are you?????? I've been in touch with Elder Pilling throughout the years but it's been a while. I need to find him again too.

1 comment:

Anita Wells said...

Jillyn--
I enjoy reading your blog and keeping up with your family. And I think David and Scott are mission companions together right now...