Monday, December 29, 2008

I'll admit it....I have S.A.D.....

.....and it's a real disorder. Click HERE to find out about it and see if maybe you have been afflicted with it as well. So....something that is good for "Seasonal Affective Disorder" is to get some sun....and since it's a bea....u....teeee....ful day here in Dixie I did just that and as I was sitting out in my plastic adirondak chair soaking up some rays, it was soooooo quiet. I found myself reflecting back to the good ol' days in the 'hood' when the place was a buzz with bikes, remote controls, skates, balls and most of all happy voices of children playing with their Christmas toys. I have to admit, I miss it....a lot and I'll be the first to admit that I have to remind myself all the time to "SNAP OUT OF IT". Just because things are different now doesn't mean that life isn't good because it is but just not as good as it was then. I'm sure there were days when I didn't think life was good...I know when I woke up one morning to broken eggs all over my sidewalk and then the sun baked them in good I was wondering when the era of ?????? would ever end but he actually turned out to be a pretty good adult..... but mostly good memories of kids that got along and found things to do together. It was a good place to raise a family.
Then, as the sun warmed my face a bit more and I looked up at the crystal blue sky with the beautiful white Pine Valley mountains, I remembered that these were the lazy days that we'd take off and go to Pine Valley and if Scott was working, my dad would come by and take us all up for a day in the snow. Kyle and his family ventured up there on Saturday but Lauri and I prefer the warmth...but I do need to go up and get a picture of the snow that they say is covering our fences. Hopefully I'll post that one soon....or not. We'll see. Lots of good times.

2 comments:

Diana said...

Hey..."those were the days, my friend; we thought they'd never end; we'd sing and dance forever and a day..." You have a new life now, different from the old but both belong to you--one in your heart and one on the outside. You are living them both with love and grace. Your terrific and I hope you will come up soon and teach me to use circular needles. I hope you have a very good New Year. Di

Staheli said...

This is all making me a little homesick. I love holidays in St. George and venturing up to pine valley snow for a day. Here you can't escape like that. There is always snow everywhere and I think I would like it better if I could just play in it for a day then return to warmth.