Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The very first Wells family tradition....

It was a cold day in Logan, Utah where Scott was attending school and I was working. We were newly-weds and lived in a dark, dingy basement apartment and, even though it was cold, the sun was shining so we took our lunch outside that day and sat down together at the top of our stairway to enjoy a yummy bacon and tomatoe sandwich (it's always been one of my favorites. Sometimes I'll even order it for breakfast when we go to a restaurant.) The topic of conversation that day was family traditions and in a joking way, I think I mentioned that since it was December 2 (or 1st, not quite sure) and we were eating BLT's and if every Dec. 2 (or 1st, haven't found any proof of the real date) we had BLT's then it would be a tradition. I tell this story to my children and over the years it has caught on with some of them.....so whether you have a BLT today or not, just talking about it keeps it alive. So here's to the BLT.....yum...ay.......and to family traditions.

3 comments:

Staheli said...

that looks so good, I can't wait to have mine for lunch. Love ya mom and see ya soon.

Melia said...

What a yummy tradition. I may have to adopt that one.

Karen M. said...

What a great tradition, makes me wonder why Mason hates tomatoes though! I am working on him because in our family we love them, planted 62 plants this year in the garden. Carry on!