Tuesday, December 23, 2008

It's gonna be lonely on the stairs this year....

.....for Lauri on Christmas morning. It's just her and me. No presents out to the middle of the room as in earlier years but we're healthy and happy. Christmastime is a time of hope in our family....a time to remember some very monumental Christmases Past....Twenty-three years ago today Scott coming home from his Bone Marrow Transplant and nine years ago tomorrow, getting the call to go up for a Liver Transplant. Very lonely but happy, hopeful times that I never want to forget because it has forever changed my life and given me a different perspective of this season. I love the feeling that will be present tomorrow as my family gets together for our traditional "Christmas Eve at my Mom's" to celebrate the good parts of our lives. The Annual Homerun Derby might have to be cancelled or postponed.....the pickin's are lookin' pretty slim for participants....hopefully just postponed a few days....we'll see. I'll keep ya posted. To everyone that can't make it this year, we'll miss you and hope you'll miss us. Travel safely. Next year it's our turn. Love ya!!!!!!

1 comment:

Diana said...

I love all your Christmas stories and enjoyed reading your past few blogs. We have had a bunch of family too, however a bit disjointed. I'm exhausted and am looking forward to a few easy days. I'll email you soon. I gave the Glenn Beck book to two of my grandsons, but I haven't read it yet. I need to, but I heard it was good. Diana